Welcome to ABEN
Please note: You will need to create a login and password the first time you purchase from your association's ABEN catalog. Your association login and password will not work in this catalog. Thanks!
Please go directly to the Self Study or Non-CE tabs to view additional course options that DO NOT filter when a category is selected!
E&O Risk Management Meeting the Challenge of Change-VOD-NO CE-1 Event-6 hrs
Length: 6 hrs
State Approval Information Details:
MI - This course has been approved by Michigan - No State CE, use for E&O Credit
Single 6-hour ABEN VOD Webcast:
This video on demand webcast does not award CE
This course, which will apply toward the agency's requirement for the Swiss Re 10% E&O discount* & IIAT’s Texas Independent Insurance Adviser (TIIA) E&O Credit**, is designed to give agents important information to help reduce their exposure to E&O claims. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Agency/Carrier Relationships – Law of Agency
- Understanding Agent Duties
- An E&O Claim – 360° View
- Agency/Carrier Contracts – E&O Considerations
- Agency Defenses Documentation
- E&O Considerations of Agency Operations
* Subject to state filings
** See the Materials tab (Swiss Re 10% Premium Discount Instruction form) for TX TIIA Designation form
- Christopher B. Weldon, Esq.
- James C. Keidel, Esq.
- Richard Lund, J.D.
- E. Stuart Powell, Jr., MA, CPCU, CIC, CLU, ChFC, ARM, AMIM, AAI, ARe, CRIS
- W. Vincent Sorgi, Jr., CIC, AAI, AIS
- William Perkins, AAI, ARM, CRIS
- Student Materials - Agency/Carrier Relationships-Law of Agency
- Student Materials-Understanding Agent Duties
- Student Materials-An E&O Claim - 360 View
- Student Materials-Agency/Carrier Contracts-E&O Consideration
- Student Materials-Agency Defenses Documentation
- Student Materials-E&O Considerations of Agency Operations
- Speaker Bios
- Additional E&O Reference Links
- Swiss Re 10% Premium Discount Instructions